- Reasons why you need an aftershave
- Top 7 Best Aftershave for Electric Razors
- Proraso After Shave Balm, Sensitive Skin, 3.4 fl oz –Review
- NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
- Truefitt & Hill No.10 Post-Shave Cologne Balm
- Blaviar | Ultra-Luxury Eau de Cologne After-Shave Balm
- Bluebeards Revenge Post Shave Balm
- Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion for Men
- Dove Men+Care Face Care Post Shave Balm
- Buyer Guide: Best Aftershave for Electric Razors
We can all agree that it can sometimes be a difficult task when it comes to men choosing the ideal aftershave. The type of aftershave that you use speaks a lot about the man that you are.
A good aftershave can give a man a classy style who can make an impact in the life of others. So this takes proper daily routine.
Aftershave shopping can be a big deal, especially when you don’t know what you’re looking for. I created this article to give you an in-depth analysis of the market’s best aftershave for electric razors.
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm – Calms and Cools Skin After Shaving – 3.3 fl. oz. Bottle (Pack of 3)
Truefitt & Hill Aftershave Balm – Sandalwood | Rich, Soothing Moisturiser for All Skin Types, 3.38 oz
Reasons why you need an aftershave
- After you shave, your skin is left exposed since the top layer of the epidermis has been removed. This leaves pores open, exposing you to all kinds of risks. Imagine how dangerous dust particles can be if they contact your skin pores. Using the perfect aftershave protects your skin against these harmful elements
- It will keep your skin well moisturized. A good aftershave will stop your skin from drying and developing painful red bumps and ingrown hair
- Reduces skin irritation. Aftershave protects your just-shaven skin from harmful elements that can irritate it
Top 7 Best Aftershave for Electric Razors
When you compare these products, you need to look at various features. The chart below gives an overview of what you get with each product.
Proraso After Shave Balm, Sensitive Skin, 3.4 fl oz –Review
The Proraso After Shave Balm, Sensitive Skin, 3.4 fl oz is a moisturizing and nourishing formula that gives immediate relief after shaving and it is the last step in the shaving process. This formula calms and soothes any irritation that arises after shaving. It also softens the skin and encourages skin elasticity.
- It has oatmeal extracts that give that moisturizing and soothing effect. These extracts also won’t disturb the skin’s PH
- The product has eco-friendly teas, an all-natural antioxidant rich in polyphenols and minerals
- This aftershave is also well known for not having parabens, silicon, and artificial colors
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
This product can quickly calm and soothes skin irritations that happen as a result of shaving. After you use it, you will experience a comfortable cooling sensation. This is one of the few aftershaves on the market that has been dermatologically tested and found to be fit for men with sensitive skin.
Using it often after shaving will improve your skin’s ability to stay protected from bacteria.
- It has vitamin E and natural chamomile, and when combined with witch Hazel extracts, it can calm your skin after shaving
- Has no drying alcohol so your skin will feel moist after shaving
- It contains some traces of menthol to help cool you during warmer seasons
Truefitt & Hill No.10 Post-Shave Cologne Balm
This is a two-in-one product because it gives you two great results. This aftershave gives a soothing experience immediately after you shave and also helps condition the skin. If you use it immediately after shaving, you will reduce discomfort and irritation a lot.
- It has a nice rich fragrance along with moisturizing properties
- It has been enriched with Willow Bark, Borage Oil, Vitamin E, and Aloe Vera helping the solution to offer excellent results
Blaviar | Ultra-Luxury Eau de Cologne After-Shave Balm
The Blaviar cannot be matched to anything on the market. It has exotic skin-relieving ingredients that suit most skin types. The aftershave provides a soothing layer that is absorbed, feels natural, and does not clog your skin pores.
Once you experience this aftershave from Blaviar, you won’t go back to using any other product. This aftershave represents the ultimate beauty and cosmetic luxury.
- It has a fine emulsion of premium extracts that pamper your skin
- This cream has been mixed with some of the finest emollients and it’s designed to nourish and heal even the driest skin
Bluebeards Revenge Post Shave Balm
This luxury aftershave is designed to reduce beard growth while still nourishing and moisturizing your skin after every shave. If you use this cream often after shaving it will reduce your beard growth.
- Bluebeard’s Revenge contains decelerate, which is an active ingredient in the balm
- It has Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera, making it ideal for nourishing the skin after every shave
Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion for Men
This aftershave is clinically proven to reduce irritation after you shave your beard. It also heals dry skin and protects shaved skin from harmful environmental elements. This multivitamin formula contains an exclusive conditioner to prevent razor irritations.
- It is lightweight and so it cannot clog your pores
- The product has no oil you don’t have to worry about your skin pores getting clogged
- Dye-free which means that you will still maintain your natural color after application
Dove Men+Care Face Care Post Shave Balm
This is one of the most fast-acting aftershaves that you can find on the market. It reduces the redness caused by shaving and helps soothe razor burns.
It is light and non-greasy and will keep your skin well-hydrated after each shave.
- It has Vitamin B5 and other ingredients that are well-known for tackling skin discomfort
- It is alcohol-free and has been dermatologically tested, making it perfect for almost any skin type
Buyer Guide: Best Aftershave for Electric Razors
It is important to understand what you want and expect from an aftershave. A good aftershave should be able to soothe, moisturize and nourish your skin. It should help you keep and maintain clean and healthy skin. It should also be able to stimulate cell regeneration. The following are the features that you should look for in the best aftershave for your electric razors.
- Hydrosols: Hydrosols have diluted essential oils. They are produced at high temperatures and tend to be acidic. They can inhibit bacterial growth but they are however not sterile. Hydrosols give the skin a normal pH.
- Moisturizers: A good aftershave should not put water into your skin. It should prevent the evaporation of water through your skin. This, in turn, ensures that you have smooth and healthy skin.
- Humectants: These ingredients increase other ingredients’ skin penetration and activity. When properly used, the humectants minimize the dehydrating effect of some other active ingredients.
- Skin types: Different skin types have certain levels of differences; you have normal, oily, sensitive, dry, and combination skin styles. You can use a mild aftershave balm splash or balm for normal skin, while for sensitive skin, you need to use a tailor-made product. For dry skin, a moisturizing aftershave balm is an ideal solution. Oily skin looks shiny, especially on the forehead. Oily skin tends to have open pores, pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. This skin type easily attracts dust; you should use a facial cleanser at least twice a day and do some scrubbing at least twice a week.
- Ingredients: Some common ingredients to look for in an aftershave include Aloe Vera, chamomile, tea tree oil, calendula, witch hazel, lavender, and various vitamins. Always avoid aftershaves that have high alcohol or camphor concentrations, grapefruits, especially if you are going outdoors, and lemon oil or eucalyptus if you have sensitive skin.
All the aftershaves for electric razors are made from quality ingredients to help you get the best out of them. Before deciding on the one you want, you should always consider your skin type. This prevents you from getting the wrong aftershave for the wrong skin.
You should also consider that if an aftershave works for one person, it does not necessarily mean it will work for you. If I chose one product from the ones I have listed, I would, without a doubt, pick the Truefitt & Hill No.10 Post-Shave Cologne Balm.
It is made with ingredients that will help you get great results. It has a nice fragrance and great moisturizing properties, which are great features for a good aftershave. The Dove Men+Care Face Care Post Shave Balm is not expensive but will perform well too.
So, I recommend this as a budget-friendly option for anyone who does not want to spend a lot of money. However, if you value your skin, you should always be willing to spend more money on the best product.