On most occasions, it’s not very convenient to travel with your shaver. Having to constantly pack the cable and charging station, especially when you are on the go, can be a challenging thing. And sometimes you can forget a part which happens to be the plug and now you can’t use the razor because you can’t plug in.
When traveling for work, maintaining a clean-shaven appearance can be a challenge. It’s not uncommon to find ourselves in situations where our beard isn’t looking its best.
Imagine going to a job interview for a corporate position and discovering that all the other candidates are well-groomed while you’re not. This could be demotivating, and your chances of making it through the interview might be slim.
Looking and feeling great is essential for self-confidence, especially when it comes to important events like job interviews. With the convenience of electric shavers, you can easily maintain a well-groomed appearance by using them to shave various body areas such as the beard, armpits, and unwanted body hair.
You should invest in an electric shaver because it will save you space and make it convenient to get your job done.
For a very long time, I never thought having a portable electric shaver was necessary. I thought a conventional electric shaver would be all I needed. Let us say that my previous job did not involve traveling a lot.
The day I missed a flight because I took too much time trimming my beards was the day I changed my perception about electric shavers. If only I had one, I could have shaved my beard after I arrived at my destination.
I could have even done it at the airport’s washrooms and walked out looking well-shaven and clean for work.
Almost everyone needs an electric shaver for various reasons.
- Travel electric shavers are small, making them ideal for compact packing, and they don’t require extra accessories like a power cable and a power supply source to run. This is handy, especially for people who use air travel a lot. A small yet useful shaver gives you extra space for you to pack other accessories that you need. It also reduces your overall load, so you won’t have to pay for extra weight.
- They use batteries so that you can have a clean cut anywhere. Some of these devices run on lithium batteries that are charged using an external docking point. Others use AA or AAA batteries that are disposed of immediately after they run out.
Top 3 Best Travel Electric Shaver
The chart below is a summary of the various features that these travel shavers have. It will give you an idea of how your shaver matches with others.
Braun M-90 Shaver
You can usually find a cheap travel electric shaver to get the job done easily. But not all will give you a quality shave. This shaver might also not perform well in terms of power consumption. Some shavers use much power but still don’t get the job done.
Braun is a well-known brand. It is widely known for making arguably the best portable travel shavers you can find on the market. The M-90 model lives up to the expectations of many users.
This efficient shaver will give you a smooth close shave while still having exceptional reliability and improved performance.
The shaver is designed with what most people commonly refer to as SmartFoil technology. This technology is handy for people with hair growing in different directions.
It allows the blade to capture hairs despite growing in different directions. This means you can reach your sideburns, mustaches, or any hair on your body.
This awesome product has an ergonomic hand extension for an improved grip to ensure an effortless shave.
Maintaining this shaver is easy. You can wash it under running water to remove any hair that is trapped and it has a twist cap for protecting the foil when you are not using it. The cap allows you to store the shaver in compact places without running the risk of damaging your blades.
- It has a protection cap
- Hand extension for better grip
- It is powered by replaceable batteries offering up to 60 minutes of runtime before they run out
Philips Norelco PQ208/40 Travel Electric Razor
Philips is a widely known company that makes a wide range of electronic products. For many years the company has grown its reputation to make it among the most reliable in manufacturing electronic devices. Most of their products are loved for their unique designs and reliable performance.
This Philips Norelco PQ208/40 is an awesome product I recommend to anyone who wants that on-the-go shaving experience. This is a high-end product but is cost-effective. So, it can most budget.
If you are looking for a good portable travel shaver that will give you a close, dry shave on different hair lengths, then this Norelco PQ208/40 will be an excellent choice.
- This shaver has a CloseCut system. This feature allows it to give a close shave that will not leave your skin itchy or irritated.
- Its independently floating heads give you precision cuts since this feature allows the blade to closely follow your skin curvature, ensuring you get an even clean shave.
- This shaver uses 2AA batteries, so you don’t have to worry about bringing your charger or power adapter whenever you are traveling.
- The blades have been designed to allow them to self-sharpen and last up to two years. If you are a frequent traveler, changing blades or losing quality is the least of your worries.
- For the convenience of storage, this shaver has a pouch for safely carrying and storing your shaver.
- It costs less than $20, razors out there
- Shaver has a smaller surface area and
Panasonic ES3831K Electric Travel Shaver
This Panasonic shaver often gets confused with the Braun one since they look alike in design. But, when it comes to other features and performance, they are two totally different shavers.
My preference for a good shaver is that it should have a single floating blade. I find such blades less irritating during and after shaving. This product lives up to my expectation and probably will meet most of your expectations thanks to its single floating blade.
- It has a single floating blade and a more robust motor than most popular models. This motor allows it to deliver a good even shave.
- I always love to feel comfortable when handling any product. This shaver has an ergonomic handle that gives me a firm grip on the device. A good grip means that I am always in control and I can avoid any shaving mistakes.
- This travel shaver runs on 2AA batteries that you can easily replace after they wear out.
- This is a bona fide wet/dry shave that can be used in the shower or for both gel and wet shaves. It can clean under the faucet without leaving a mess.
- This shaver is small enough to fit in compact spaces, making it ideal for traveling.
- This product weighs 5.4 ounces and has a cover to ensure your blades are well-protected.
Best Travel Electric Shavers – Buyers’ Guide:
Before buying a travel electric shaver, you should know what you want in one. There are various shavers from different brands that you can find on the market.
Knowing what type of shave you want is crucial in determining which shaver best suits you. In general, a good travel electric shaver should have the following features.
- rotary and foil shavers. Choosing the right one is dependent on your personal preference. But, foil blades are best known for delivering closer shaves thanks to their wide multiple-blade feature. The rotary blades are best known for following the contours of the face to give you better performance. This rotary movement is less irritating and makes these types of shavers best for anyone with
- . Others might pick size over everything else. I recommend you not go for the latter when picking the perfect travel shaver. A good shaver should always have secure locking features to protect it from getting damaged
A good shaver should also be cordless. This feature can be particularly helpful, especially if you are traveling to an area where you don’t have access to a power source.
A travel bag might not be important if you don’t carry your shaver everywhere.
Source of Power: Since we are talking about portability, having your device powered by a battery means you can always carry it anywhere. There are rechargeable and replaceable batteries. The choice will be yours to make. But I recommend always going for a shaver that uses rechargeable batteries.
Why do I think so?
For starters, rechargeable batteries usually provide more power. Another great feature is rechargeable batteries don’t need constant replacing. All you need is a power source for them to regain their full charge.
Most people love replaceable battery shavers because you don’t have to replace the battery as often as ones without a rechargeable battery.
The obvious advantage of owning a small travel-size shaver is that you can easily carry it around. A good travel shaver should be small, lightweight, and easily stored in compact spaces.
Rechargeable vs. Battery Powered Travel Razors
Traveling with electric shavers means you always have to travel with a power cord or docking in case you run out of charge. Some people face a problem: whether to pack a power cord or charging dock.
Constantly replacing the adapter can be more costly for anyone who travels a lot. Some countries use different power outlets that might not be compatible with your current adapter.
One solution to this problem is buying a shaver with AA batteries. These types of batteries are found in almost all countries. You can easily get a pack from a shopping mall or local store. This is great because you can use your shaver if needed without worrying about whether you’ll be able to power it if your batteries run out.
This is where the replaceable battery shaver beats the rechargeable one. Imagine a position where you’ve just shaved half of your beard, and your rechargeable shaver runs out of power. Will you wait until it regains a full charge so you can continue shaving? This is a big letdown.
Rechargeable batteries don’t provide the convenience of just replacing them. Before using the shaver, you’ll have to wait until the batteries are fully recharged.
The above travel electric shavers are among the best on the market. Regardless of your choice, rest assured you’ll be able to get the best out of it. You should know what you want in your ideal shaver.
The shavers have been tailor-made to meet all your shaving needs.
Some incorporate intricate designs to ensure that they perform as expected. My personal preference is to buy one that has a rotary head.
I pick this type because the head perfectly rests on the contour of your face to give that perfect cut and does not leave the skin feeling itchy or irritated.
The given suggestions, the Philips Norelco PQ208/40, will be most effective. Its floating blades follow the contour of your face to give you a clean even shave. It uses two AA batteries, so you will always have it ready for on-the-go traveling.
The self-sharpening feature of this shaver makes it stand out; it’s good to know your electric shaver will always be sharp when needed.
If you are looking for a shaver that can easily fit into your budget, I recommend that you go for the Panasonic ES3831K Electric Travel Shaver. Its powerful motor and ergonomic design give you a better hold to ensure you are always in control.
If you are a fashionable person who wants to look good, then these are the products you need in your bathroom. Place an order for any of the above and save money that could have been spent on purchasing less reliable shavers.