Electric shavers are convenient tools to maintain self-grooming with.
Achieving a smooth and clean shave is made easier with electric shavers, which are a convenient alternative to traditional razors for grooming the face, neck, and other parts of the body.
To maintain the performance of your shaver and make sure it provides the best results, regular cleaning is essential. One effective way to sanitize and maintain your shaver is by using a spray cleaner.
If you’re unsure about how to clean your electric shaver using a spray cleaner, this article will guide you through the process and help you keep your shaver in top condition.
There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding how to properly clean your electric shaver so this article should clarify things.
Why is Cleaning an Electric Shaver Important?
Cleaning your electric shaver is important to its overall performance as well.
Sanitizing with spray cleaner is a good way to remove bacteria, grime, dead skin, or hair from the equipment and this also helps the blades stay in the best condition.
While you can use a small brush, hot water, soap, or a special cleaning agent, a spray cleaner can be an easier-to-use option.
What Makes Spray Cleaner a Good Option?
Spray cleaner is gentle and efficient in scrubbing away unwanted grime. Cleaning a razor is a little easier because there isn’t a battery to be concerned about.
Also, they make it easier to clean electrical parts.
Let me not forget to mention it can help lubricate the blades which can increase their lifespan.
If you don’t lubricate your blades, then the hair can catch when you’re using them. If your spray cleaner does not have lubricant, then make sure you moisturize your blades with oil or another type of lube.
Spray cleaner is also great to use on shavers that are not new.
So, if you have an old shaver hanging around that you are thinking of trashing, try spraying some cleaner on it and rejuvenating the blades and foils.
Before buying a spray cleaner there are some things to consider
1. Look for an alcohol-based product so that you can properly sanitize your device because alcohol destroys bacteria and dirt.
2. Use a scented spray so the shaver can smell fresh and good.
3. Purchase a spray that comes with lubricant so you can keep the blades smooth and in good condition.
4. Always read the ingredients in case you have sensitive skin, not all spray cleaners are created equal.
Just like buying any product, read reviews, labels, and company information before buying any shaving spray.
Not all sprays are made the same nor do the same job. Good, thing this article is here to cover the top spray cleaners for electric shavers so you do not have to worry about it.
How to Use Spray Cleaner
It is quite simple to use a spray cleaner. The first thing you want to do is take the batteries out of your electric shaver and ensure that the device itself is completely dry.
You never want to start cleaning your electric shaver if it has been exposed to water or has batteries in.
There is nothing wrong with rinsing the device out before using a spray, but just make sure it is dry before using.
1. Take batteries out, and shake out any excess hairs stuck in the blades.
2. Note whether the electric shaver is foil or rotary-based. The cleaning process differs slightly for both.
3. Removes blades and foils before cleaning.
4. Lay out a piece of paper towel and place blades or foils on them.
5. Hold the spray cleaner at least a few inches away and spray between 5-10 seconds.
6. Flip the pieces over and spray again.
7. Let dry and wipe with a cloth if necessary.
8. Never use or reinsert blades or foils if they are still damp after cleaning.
How Frequent Should I Clean My Electric Shaver?
If you shave every day or at least 3 times a week, it is important to clean your shaver.
A clean shaver means you will have a perfect shave each time.
The frequency of cleaning also depends on the coarseness of the hair that you are using it on; coarse hair can build up more quickly in the device than thin or sparse hair.
It does not hurt to clean your shaver after every use but use the spray cleaner once a week. You can simply rinse the blades or foils with warm water and towel dry them.
Additionally, ensure that the spray cleaner has a lubricant built in if you plan on using your shaver often.
Top Spray Cleaners
Here are some top spray cleaners to consider the next time you are wanting to purchase one for your electric shaver. While there are many kinds on the market, these ones appear to be efficient, affordable, and successful in sanitizing shavers every single time.
1. Braun Shaver Cleaner – an alcohol-based spray that easily removes grime, hair, and dead skin. It has a great smell, such as lemon or fresh, and is affordable to buy. The Braun Shaver Cleaner can be purchased for a low price under $20.
2. Remington Shaver Saver – aerosol spray cleaner that blasts away any grime effortlessly. It is not oily so it works great for all skin types, and it offers a pleasant smell. This spray is also reasonably priced, under $20.
Braun and Remington make several kinds of spray cleaners, so check out the different products they offer the next time you are online or at the store.
Electric shavers are great devices to keep your face, neck, and other bodily areas clean and smooth. In order to have a superior shave each time, spray cleaner is important to use regularly.
The reason why a lot of people have to constantly throw away shavers or suffer through bad shaving experiences is that they are not cleaning their shavers properly or using the right cleaner.
Spray cleaner is able to get into tight areas that a cloth or brush may not be able to. Now that you know all about spray cleaners, you can be on your way to better shaving sessions.