Electric shavers are convenient tools to maintain self-grooming with.
They are a handy alternative to razors and provide a clean, fresh cut to the face, neck, and other areas of the body.
In order to get a perfect shave each time, one must keep their shaver sanitized and well-maintained; one way to do this is with spray cleaner.
If you are unsure or having trouble cleaning your shaver, then this article will help you learn how to clean your electric shaver using a spray cleaner.
There are many individuals out there who are shaving each day with a dirty or clogged shaver, and that is why this article is here to help you.
There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding how to properly clean your electric shaver, and I am here to tell you all you need to know about spray cleaner.
Why is Cleaning an Electric Shaver Important?
Cleaning an electric shaver is imperative to the overall performance and longevity of the device.
Sanitizing with spray cleaner is a good way to ensure bacteria, grime, dead skin, or hair is cleaned away and that the blades are left in pristine condition.
While you can use a small brush, hot water, soap, or a special cleaning agent, spray cleaner can be an easier to use option.
What Makes Spray Cleaner a Good Option?
Spray cleaner is gentle and efficient in scrubbing away unwanted grime. Cleaning a razor is slightly different, as there is no battery to be aware of.
Therefore, when cleaning an electric shaver, spray cleaner is easier to control especially around the electrical parts.
Spray cleaner is known for disintegrating any dirt, as well as offering lubrication to the blades. Lubricating the blades is important in allowing them to last longer.
If blades are not lubricated well, then hair can catch during the shaving process. If your spray cleaner does not contain a lubricant, then ensure you moisturize your blades with oil or another type of lube.
Spray cleaner is also ideal for use on shavers that are not brand new.
So, if you have an old shaver kicking around that you are thinking of tossing, try spraying some cleaner on it and rejuvenating the blades or foils.
What to Consider When Buying a Spray Cleaner Before buying a spray cleaner there are some things to consider.
1. Look for an alcohol-based product so that you can ensure a sanitized clean each time; alcohol fights away bacteria or dirt.
2. Find a scented spray that leaves the shaver smelling fresh and pleasant.
3. Purchase a spray that has lubricant built-in to keep blades smooth and in good condition.
4. Always read ingredients if you have sensitive skin, not all spray cleaners are created equal.
Similar to before buying any product, read reviews, labels, and company information before buying any shaving spray.
Not all sprays are made the same nor do the same job. Luckily, this article is here to discuss the top spray cleaners for electric shavers so you do not have to worry.
How to Use Spray Cleaner:
It is quite simple to use a spray cleaner. The first thing you want to do is take the batteries out of your electric shaver and ensure that the device itself is completely dry.
You never want to start cleaning your electric shaver if it has been exposed to water or has batteries in.
There is nothing wrong with rinsing the device out before using a spray, but just make sure it is dry before continuing or using.
1. Take batteries out, and shake out any excess hairs stuck in the blades.
2. Note whether the electric shaver is foil or rotary-based. The cleaning process differs slightly for both.
3. Removes blades and foils before cleaning.
4. Lay out a piece of paper towel and place blades or foils on them.
5. Hold spray cleaner at least a few inches away and spray between 5-10 seconds.
6. Flip the pieces over and spray again.
7. Let dry and wipe with a cloth if necessary.
8. Never use or reinsert blades or foils if they are still damp after cleaning.
How Frequent Should I Clean My Electric Shaver?
If you shave every day or at least 3 times a week, it is important to clean your shaver.
A clean shaver means you will have a perfect shave each time.
The frequency of cleaning also depends on the coarseness of hair that you are using it on; coarse hair can build-up quicker in the device than thin or sparse hair.
It does not hurt to clean your shaver after every use but use the spray cleaner once a week. You can simply rinse the blades or foils with warm water and towel dry them.
Additionally, ensure that the spray cleaner has a lubricant built in if you plan on using your shaver often.
Top Spray Cleaners:
Here are some top spray cleaners to consider the next time you are wanting to purchase one for your electric shaver. While there are many kinds on the market, these ones appear to be efficient, affordable, and successful in sanitizing shavers every single time.
1. Braun Shaver Cleaner – an alcohol-based spray that easily removes grime, hairs, and dead skin. It has a great smell, such as lemon or fresh, and is affordable to buy. The Braun Shaver Cleaner can be purchased for a low price under $20.
2. Remington Shaver Saver – aerosol spray cleaner that blasts away any grime effortlessly. It is not oily so it works great for all skin types, and it offers a pleasant smell. This spray is also reasonably priced, under $20.
Braun and Remington make several kinds of spray cleaner, so check out the different products they offer the next time you are online or at the store.
Electric shavers are great devices to keep your face, neck, and other bodily areas clean and smooth. In order to have a superior shave each time, spray cleaner is important to use regularly.
The reason why a lot of people have to constantly throw away shavers or suffer through bad shaving experiences is that they are not cleaning their shavers properly or using the right cleaner.
Spray cleaner is able to get into tight areas that a cloth or brush may not be able to. Now that you know all about spray cleaner, you can be on your way to a better shave every day.