Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver comes from the trusted Remington name. This review of the F5 shaver is going to cover the features, user experience and the functionality of the 5800 model.
Remington F5-5800 Foil Shaver is a great model for an experienced, or inexperienced shaver. This basic, electric razor gives you a close shave, without worry about irritation or tugging at the skin. The steel blades are easy to maintain and keep clean. It does have an impressive 60-minutes of shave time, but, with no need to make multiple passes over the same area, you will be finished shaving in minutes. This shaver is also great for removing up to three days worth of stubble. An included pop-up trimmer allows you to detail your facial hair like a professional. The F5 is waterproof, so you can use this either wet or dry, depending on your preferences. While this shaver can be used cordlessly, if you prefer to plug-and-shave, this is an option that many other modern razors do not include. The F5 is very affordable, which makes for a great first-time razor, or, something for someone who does not want a lot of bells and whistles.
What’s in the Box?
When you buy this shaver, it comes with the following:
An instruction manual that details how to use the razor, how to maintain the razor and how to charge the unit.
An extended warranty of up to two years.
The razor itself with the built-in precision trimmer.
A charging cord.
What’s not included?
Extra blades and foils, you can purchase additional ones to have on hand for when your unit requires a replacement.
Why Choose the F5-5800?
Flex Interceptor Technology
This razor promises a great shave with fewer passes, which makes this razor ideal for those with sensitivities or who are prone to redness and irritation. The razor hugs the curves of the face, allowing for a close-smooth shave on the first pass. Fewer passes also mean a quicker shave, which is ideal for anyone who is rushed for time in the mornings.
Stainless Steel Blades
The stainless steel blades on this shaver are ideal for ease-of-maintenance and keeping the razor clean. Simply rinse under running water to remove all debris and then allow to dry. These blades are also great for shaving up to three days worth of stubble.
A Pop-Up Trimmer
The included pop-up trimmer makes it easy to contour your facial hair with precision.
An LED Display
The LED display on this razor indicates a level of charge at a quick glance, so you will instantly know if you need to top up the charge before using. Also, this razor features a quick-charge which will give you about 5-minutes of shaving time for those days where you forget to plug in your razor. You can use this model plugged in, or, cordless, depending on your preferences.
This unit is on the lower end of the price scale, which makes it ideal for anyone who is just starting out, or, those who like to keep the second razor at the office for quick touch-ups.
The Extended Warranty
The extended warranty on this razor is for up to two years or replacement should something go wrong. This is virtually unheard of as most razors come with a single year or warranty.
What are the pros and cons of the F5-5800?
1. The price. This model is very affordable and ideal for anyone who is just starting out or doesn’t need a lot of bells and whistles on their razor.
2. The Warranty: the extended warranty on this shaver will give you peace of mind should something go wrong.
3. Ease of use: This razor is very easy to use, and is great for those who are inexperienced and just starting out.
4. Stainless steel blades: The stainless steel blades on the F5-5800 are easy to keep clean and easy to maintain.
5. Long battery life: This razor has a long battery life and holds it’s charge for days.
1. Very basic: This razor is very basic, it is not fancy, but will get the job done. If you are looking for something fancier, this razor may not be the right fit for you.
2. A loose head: Some users have reported the shaving head may be a bit lose, this could affect the closeness of the shave.
3. Does not include replacement foils or blades: The cost of replacement foils and blades may add up over time.
4. No travel lock: There is no travel lock on this shaver, so be careful when packing it to ensure it’s not turned on.
5. Not waterproof: This razor is not waterproof and cannot be used to shave in the shower.
The Remington F5-5800 is a great shaver for the price. It’s the perfect razor for those just starting out, or, for anyone who needs to have a second unit at work. This razor gives a great, close shave on the first-go which minimizes irritation to the skin. An LED display allows you to gauge the battery life and charge up as needed. The stainless-steel blades clean up nicely after each use and can be changed out as needed. This razor also features a long battery life and extended warranty. This shaver may not be for you if you’re looking or something that can be used in the shower, as it’s not waterproof. Also, if you travel regularly, then perhaps seeking out a razor that comes with a travel lock would be a better solution. Overall, if you’re looking for a basic electric shaver that will get the job done, the Remington F5-5800 should be at the top of your list.